Welcome to the blog for It's Meow or Never Animal Rescue, a 501(c)(3), non-profit, no-kill animal rescue organization. We rescue cats and dogs and after having them seen by the vet, we adopt them to loving, forever homes. Please come back often as we will try and update this site every day.
Please contact us if you need adoption assistance with an animal - if you provide a photo of the animal, we can list it on national databases to help find it a suitable home.
Please*do not* ever give your animal away for free ... learn why.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
2. Animals that have endured hardship can benefit greatly from a loving home.
3. Fostering provides a great lesson in compassion to children and it’s a wonderful, life-affirming experience.
4. If you have one or more dogs or cats, one more won’t make a difference to you, but it sure will make a difference to the foster animal who otherwise might not have a second chance at life.
5. Fostering increases the likelihood of adoption. When the dog/cat you’ve fostered is loved and accepted in its forever home it is because of the love you’ve given them!
6. Increased "human interaction" greatly helps foster animals who often come from neglectful or abusive situations, and lets not forget what "pet interaction" can do for you by lowering your blood pressure, reducing stress, and giving you a real sense of self-worth.
7. You undoubtedly will get attached but when you meet the new family that's ready to provide a permanent home for the dog/cat you’ve fostered you’ll feel more than satisfied to see him/her move on to a new life.
8. Its fun!
9. You’re able to share with your foster animal what a life filled with love should be.
10. More foster homes means more animals’ lives will be spared from pounds and kill shelters. Only a small fraction of animals impounded every year are rescued from the terrible fate of euthanasia. FOSTERING IS A REAL WAY TO SAVE A LIFE!